Sunday, September 12, 2010

Monster PB and Oatmeal Cookies

So a few weekends ago...or maybe last weekend, my dad got this recipe from one of his friends from high school over facebook and he asked me to make them. I said yeah because oatmeal and peanut butter are just an amazing combination! Well long story short I halved the recipe and I wasn't really measuring correctly and I just went willy nilly with the ingredients and they turned out good but I also omitted the m&ms that were supposed to go in. Then, on Friday my dad tells me that his friend wants me to try them with m&ms and I'm like YEAH! because I wanted to try it again but by then I knew I wouldn't be able to handle half the recipe so I cut it to 1/3 of the recipe and added in the m&ms and by God they are really truly amazing things. (and when you read the full recipe you'll understand why i cut it to 1/3)

little uncooked dough balls :)

the finished product

Monster Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
from my dad's friend, Anne 
makes: too many to count (by thirding the recipe i got 71 cookies and 1 jumbo cookie)

Ingredients
12 eggs (4 eggs)
1 tbsp vanilla extract (1/2 tbsp vanilla extract)
8 tsp baking soda (2 2/3 tsp baking soda)
18 cups oatmeal (6 cups oatmeal)
3 lbs peanut butter (not reduced fat) (1 lbs peanut butter)
2 pounds brown sugar (2/3 lbs brown sugar {about 2.5 cups})
4 cups sugar (1 1/3 cup sugar)
1 lbs margarine (soft) (1/3 lbs {10 tbsp} margarine)
1 lbs chocolate chips (about 1/3 lbs chocolate chips) 
1 lbs m&ms (about half of a 12oz bag of m&ms)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

  2. Beat eggs in a HUGE bowl.

  3. Add remaining ingredients in order (you will definitely be working with your hands...)

  4. Roll the dough into about 1 in. round balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet and spread about 1.5in apart. If you like thin and crisp cookies then you can smush them down to create 1.5 in disks.

  5. Bake for 12-15 minutes (mine came out perfect at 12 minutes)
**side note: cookies freeze well if you want to save them

(estimated) Nutrition Facts
Per Serving (one cookie):
Calories 121.7 Total Fat 5.6 g Saturated Fat 1.4 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g Monounsaturated Fat 0.6 g Cholesterol 12.3 mg Sodium 95.0 mg Potassium 21.0 mg Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g Dietary Fiber 1.1 g Sugars 12.8 g Protein 2.6 g

4 comments:

  1. I love PB oatmeal cookies!! I made these a couple of weeks ago, they were so delicious. I like that you added M&M's; makes it look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes and they last a really long time, no matter how many i give away to people and how many i eat, there never seems to be a dent in the amount left xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monster cookies have always been a favorite of mine :) They're so easy to make too! And great with m&m's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tryed these out and they're delicious but the go stale too quickly but other than that theyre delicious love your blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...