Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Honey Muffins

I found this recipe in a holiday Taste of Home edition and they seemed so good and I’m glad I bookmarked it because these things are fabulous! I have been making them for two Thanksgivings in a row and I was just reminded today how much I loved them You can taste just a hint of honey but it also seems to taste a little like cornbread (without the corn of course), which could mean one less thing going on and out of you’re oven next Thanksgiving. Also, these things a quick to make; prep time only takes about 10 minutes. Usually I take forever when baking things because I don't measure things in advance I just go with the flow and today I was shocked at how quickly these things took to prepare.

I ended up hading two today, even when I was stuffed with turkey and potatoes and whatnot, and I think I may have a third later on today ;). Seriously, make these; they are just that amazing!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I baked these early in the morning, that way the turkey
could have the oven for the rest of the day
a little toasty on the sides, but otherwise great!
and you can barely see the little flecks of honey that
didn't get incorperated all the way...mmm yum!

Honey Muffins
from the Taste of Home 
makes 12 muffins (I got 14)

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup 2% milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup honey

Directions
  1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, butter and honey. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
  2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts
serving size: 1 muffin
Calories 143.0 Total Fat 3.9 g Saturated Fat 0.3 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g Monounsaturated Fat 0.1 g Cholesterol 25.2 mg Sodium 203.3 mg Potassium 27.4 mg Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g Dietary Fiber 0.6 g Sugars 12.9 g Protein 2.7 g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...